Pilkington Optimirror™ Range
Pilkington Optimirror™ OW is our newest addition to the Pilkington Optimirror™ glass range. Pilkington Optimirror™ OW is a high specification mirror manufactured on a low-iron substrate to give a more brilliant and clearer appearance.
Like Pilkington Optimirror™, Pilkington Optimirror™ OW is manufactured to a superior quality standard and offers 94% light reflection on 4 mm thickness. Due to its environmentally-friendly copper and lead-free characteristics, both products are able to be utilised across a wide variety of buildings and applications including walls, partitions, doors, displays, ceilings, cupboards, wardrobes and other furniture.
Pilkington Optimirror™ is also available with the addition of a special safety film backing (Pilkington Optimirror™ Protect) to protect against possible injury resulting from breakage. Pilkington Optimirror™ Protect makes it the ideal choice for applications anywhere in the home where there is a greater risk of accidental damage, e.g. doors, wardrobes and children's rooms.
Product Features Summary
Pilkington Optimirror™ and Pilkington Optimirror™ OW
- High light reflection of up to 90% in 3 mm thickness and 94% for Pilkington Optimirror™ OW in 4 mm thickness.
- Completely lead-free top coat and <0.15% lead in the wet basecoat.
- Excellent resistance to natural atmospheric corrosion.
- Higher corrosion resistance and improved protection to chemical attack from cleaners and certain adhesives than conventional copper mirrors.
- Environmentally friendly manufacturing process produces less waste and ensures easier onward recycling.
- Manufactured to European standard EN 1036.
- Easily surpasses the durabilty and site acceptance tests in the product standard.
- Available in a range of sizes in thicknesses 3, 4 and 6 mm.
- Easy to handle, install and process.
- Available as Pilkington Optimirror™ Bronze
Additional benefits of Pilkington Optimirror™ Protect:
- Incorporates a special safety film for added impact protection.
- Available in 4 mm and 6 mm thicknesses on a Pilkington Optifloat™ substrate.
- Achieves impact performance EN 12600 2(B)2
How do I buy/specify this product?