Pilkington Pyrodur® Plus
Pilkington Pyrodur® Plus comes with the test pedigree you'd expect from the latest addition to our fire protection range. It features a series of tests for fire and impact safety to both the UK and European test standards which are demonstrated in the form of fire test summaries and impact safety certification.
The fire test summaries demonstrate the range of framing materials and formats to ensure that Pilkington Pyrodur® Plus can be used in internal door and screening applications.
Pilkington Fire Range Brochure
Pilkington Pyrodur® Plus Datasheet
Pilkington Pyrodur® Plus Impact Performance Certificate
Fire Timber Door Brochure
Pilkington Pyrostop® and Pilkington Pyrodur® Glazing and Handling Guidelines
Fire Test Pilkington Pyrodur® Plus 7mm RF00137 A4 4pp
Fire Test Pilkington Pyrodur® Plus 7mm RF03068
Fire Test Pilkington Pyrodur® Plus 7mm WARRES118798 A4 4pp
- Provides integrity and partial insulation with impact safety for doors and screens.
- Clarity and options for decorative effects e.g. sandblasting.
- Achieves full heat insulation for a short period of time which could facilitate evacuation through doors and escape corridors without panic.
- Tested and approved in a wide range of fire-resistant glazing gaskets and sealants.
- Available from expert Stockists nationwide.
Pilkington Specifire is the easy way to select the correct Pilkington glass for your fire-resistant application.
Click here to launch Pilkington Specifire (requires Macromedia Flash player).
- Pilkington Pyrodur® Plus achieves BS6206: 1981 Class B (ref BSI report 262/ 4473814).
- It also behaves as a laminated glass under impact, European standard EN 12600: 2000 Classification 2(B)2 (ref TNO Report No. DMP-RPT-04-0187).
- Pilkington Pyrodur® Plus has a nominal thickness of 7mm.
- Pilkington Pyrodur® Plus meets the requirements of the new European standard for laminated glass (BS EN ISO 12543: 1998).
Easy Handling and Usage
Pilkington Pyrodur® Plus is available in cut sizes through our extensive nationwide distribution network. It comes with distinctive silver tape on all edges, for edge protection and ease of handling. This tape should not be removed.
Cut sizes of New Pilkington Pyrodur® Plus can be handled easily with attention to basic requirements applicable to fire-resistant glass.
Pilkington Pyrodur® Plus must be stacked vertically, and stored and glazed in dry conditions, protected from the weather. Do not put the glass through a washer or along an IGU line. Do not cut the glass to any other size than that provided. Handling and glazing guidelines for the Pilkington Pyrostop® and Pilkington Pyrodur® range as a whole and are available on request.