Building Wooden Conservatories
Adding a conservatory onto a home not only adds value to the property, but can make living there a much more fulfilling experience. A conservatory allows you to sit in the warmth of your home and still enjoy uninterrupted views of the outside, allowing you to make the most of your garden all year round. Wooden conservatories are usually the first choice for homeowners as they have a classy and sophisticated look. Wooden conservatories also blend in well with their natural surroundings, truly bringing the outdoors in.
Tips for Wooden Conservatories
When choosing to build wooden conservatories, there are a few things that you should bear in mind to make the project a success.
- Choosing the right timber is vital when building wooden conservatories.
- Many wooden conservatories as additions to homes need planning permission from the local council. Make sure that you consult with the relevant authorities in your area.
- When choosing the right glass for wooden conservatories, consult with leading experts in the field. Pilkington has a range of glass products to improve your wooden conservatory. Self-cleaning solar control glass, the Pilkington Activ™ glass range is the perfect solution.
- Before going out to buy furniture for your wooden conservatory, think about what wood you are using. Try to get complementary furniture and furnishings.
- If you are going for a room that embraces the outdoors, then choose natural colours and furnishings to enhance this theme and complement the scenery outside.