Install Double Glazing
Make no mistake double glazing installation can be a tricky business, and it's never too late to call the professionals. Many of the materials you will be working with are expensive and there's always the possibility of causing damage your home if something goes wrong. Poorly installed double glazing often results in unsightly condensation that is extremely expensive to correct later on.
But if you're confident in your building and DIY abilities then it's time to do your homework. Pilkington is a leading glass and double glazing expert and offers you all the advice and assistance you could need to successfully install double glazing.
How to Install Double Glazing
Before you install double glazing, it's vital that you do your groundwork properly and are very clear about why you want to do it.
What is Double Glazing?
Double glazing is the process of creating windows that contain two sheets of glass, separated by a thin cavity of air or argon gas.
Why Install Double Glazing?
- Improving the sound insulation properties of your home.
- Repairing windows in dire need of replacement.
- Shedding the hassle of maintenance as modern glazing solutions offer practical, low-maintenance options.
- Increase the heat insulating capacity of your home.
Additional Resources to Use Before You Install Double Glazing
- Double glazing suppliers - Essential supply information for the weekend double glazing installer.
- Double glazing windows - Find out more about the benefits of double glazing.
Find out more about the compatible glazing products available from Pilkington.