5 Reasons Why Double Glazing is a Good Idea
- Double glazed windows consist of two panes of glass sealed together with air or gas between them, which acts as an insulator. This allows the sun's heat and light to pass through the glass into your home, but reduces the heat lost.
- You'll block noise. The extra layer of glass in double glazing literally doubles the sound-reducing abilities of the glass. Double glazing in the UK is particularly useful for those many houses that are along busy roads, creating a much quieter and more homely feel.
- Cut energy costs. The added insulation in double glazing means that you won't be spending unnecessary money on heating and cooling because the temperature will maintain itself for longer.
- You're safer with double glazing. Double glazing in the UK contributes greatly to combating the rising crime rate as thicker glass is more difficult for intruders to break. Double glazing is another means of keeping your home safe.
- It's better for the environment. By reducing the amount of energy in your home, you aren't just saving costs. You are also reducing your personal carbon footprint, meaning that you are doing your bit for the welfare of our planet.
Double Glazing in the UK
With all these benefits, it's no surprise that double glazing in the UK has become a standard feature in new houses. Double glazing will make you more comfortable in your home during all seasons and it helps you reduce your heating bills.
Pilkington is the UK leader in glass technology and does not only offer double glazing solutions but revolutionary Self-cleaning, Solar Control and energy efficient glass that can add further benefits to your double glazing in the UK.
Pilkington Activ™ Clear is a self-cleaning glass that uses the daylight to break down organic dirt and then helps the rain to wash it away. Pilkington Activ™ Blue and Pilkington Activ™ Neutral take this innovative technology one step further and gives your double glazing with solar control properties. This is ideal for conservatories as it helps your room stay cooler during the heat of the summer.