What is Double Glazing?
Double glazing is made up of two layers of glass with air or gas sandwiched in between. The air or gas acts as an insulating layer, preventing the cold outside from seeping in and the heat from inside escaping out. The inner pane also never comes into contact with the cold outside, keeping it warm and in turn, keeping your room or conservatory warm. This layer of gas or air also acts as a sound barrier, keeping your house peaceful despite a busy road, nearby school or passing plane.
Why Install Double Glazing?
- Double glazing is a long term investment that elevates the value of your home.
- Double glazing helps reduce heating bills as it insulates your house against the cold, lessening your reliance on heaters.
- Double glazing glass is safer than single glazing as it is thicker and protects you from intruders.
- In reducing your heating needs, double glazing helps you become environmentally friendlier.
- Your house is a quieter place thanks to the noise insulating properties of double glazing.