Glass bi-fold doors offer a great solution by adding a touch of class and sophistication to your home. These doors open out in a concertina style, folding away to either side. This creates an opening that is unobstructed, which allows your house truly become open plan and helps you welcome the outdoors in.
Leading glass and window manufacturers like Pilkington specialise in bi-fold doors and offer great advice on how to use them as well as the combination of glass products to use in their make up, guaranteeing you excellent value for money.
Where can Glass Bi-Fold Doors be Used?
That's the beauty of glass bi-fold doors, they really can be used absolutely anywhere. Whether you want to divide a room or open up your living area to the outdoors, bi-fold doors are the answer. Open plan living is great, but sometimes you need that extra bit of privacy. Bi-fold doors are perfect in these situations as, when open, they take up very little space and create real open plan living, but can be closed when necessary. From knocking out a complete wall to create a wall of glass to opening up a corner of your room to the outdoors, bi-fold doors can be used anywhere that your creativity can extend to.
The Benefits of Bi-Fold Doors
- Bi-fold doors create wide and level access to another room or the outdoors.
- Bi-fold doors utilise any space well and can be used almost anywhere.
- Bi-fold doors are a great alternative to glass patio doors as they create a completely unobstructed opening.
- The installation of bi-fold doors is not difficult and can be done as a DIY project.
- The style of bi-fold doors can be adjusted to blend in with your home.
- Bi-fold doors can be created with a combination of Pilkington glass products that ensure maximum efficiency. Elevate the security of your home with safety glass, reduce heating bills with thermal insulating glass or be free of cleaning with self-cleaning glass.