Cleaning Glass Windows
Cleaning glass windows can be a hassle that could take up most of your precious weekend. Climbing up ladders, fighting with buckets and endlessly trying to prevent streaking can put a real dampener on your day. But by following a few quick tips for cleaning glass windows, you can make the process a lot less painful.
Pilkington Self-cleaning Glass - The Solution
- The cleaning of glass windows should be done at least once a month. This frequent cleaning prevents dirt build-up and helps speed up the process.
- Spray the exterior of the windows with the garden hose first. This makes cleaning glass windows easier as it loosens the dirt.
- To prevent spending time cleaning sticky glass windows lightly paint the inside moulding with petroleum jelly once a year.
- For the environmentally-conscious, cleaning glass windows does not have to mean pumping harmful chemicals into the earth. An excellent window cleaning solution can be made up of a cup of vinegar mixed with warm water. This solution also saves you money on expensive cleaning agents.
- Cleaning glass windows can go quicker if you use two separate buckets - one for your cleaning cloth and one for the rinsing cloth.
- Oven cleaner is a great thing to use when cleaning window glass. Leave it on for an hour and then simply wipe stubborn stains away.
- After cleaning glass windows, dry the inside by wiping in one direction and then the outside by wiping in another. This way you can quickly tell which side a left-over streak is on.
An Even Simpler Solution for Cleaning Windows
Pilkington offers many window cleaning tips, but it is still hard not to see cleaning glass windows as any less of a chore. But luckily, with Pilkington Self-cleaning glass, there is a better way. The Pilkington Activ™ range has a special coating that harnesses the sunlight to naturally break down organic dirt. When it rains, the water spreads evenly over the glass and runs off, taking the dirt particles with it. The quick-drying ability of this glass means that the windows are left streak-free. Cleaning glass windows has never been easier - nature does all the work for you. Watch the window cleaning video to see this process in action.
Investing in Pilkington Activ™ Self-cleaning Glass means that you save time and energy as you don't have to worry too much about cleaning glass windows. Find your nearest Pilkington stockist today and look forward to hassle-free weekends!