Householders FAQs - General
1. I'm looking for one way vision glass does Pilkington supply it?
No, we do not have such a product available any more.
2. Can I have a copy of your terms of sale?
Pilkington Building Products – UK, supplies to Trade Customers only. Therefore, we do not provide our terms of sale to householders.
3. I'm having sliding doors / glass banisters / overhead glazing / etc. installed in my home, can you help me to specify the glass requirements?
4. Which trade association does Pilkington Building Products - UK belong to?
Pilkington UK Limited is a member of the Glass & Glazing Federation
5. Can you provide general advice on how to choose a window supplier or glazier?
We are not in a position to recommend any particular companies but would advise using a member of the Glass & Glazing Federation (see their website at www.ggf.org.uk We do, however, operate supplier finders for customers of our own insulating glass units Pilkington Insulight™ who can provide the full range of Pilkington products and also for customers of Pilkington Activ™.
6. What is the phone number of my local Pilkington branch?
Pilkington branches generally only supply Trade Customers. For Pilkington products you should contact your local window/conservatory company for double glazing, or your local glass or builders merchant for sheets of glass or mirrors.
7. Where can I buy single sheets of glass for mirrors, internal glazing, sheds and so on?
You need to look up your local Glass Merchant in the Yellow Pages. The larger branches of B&Q also now offer glass cutting services.
8. I'm a student who would like general information about Pilkington as a company can you help?
Yes, we produce an Information Pack designed for students - click here to view. Alternatively, further information is available in the About Pilkington section of the website.
9. I have received a call about the Pilkington energy efficiency survey, can you tell me more about it?
It has come to our attention that homeowners have been offered an energy efficiency survey apparently on behalf of Pilkington. In some cases, the person phoning or visiting as a result of this call has been rude or aggressive. We must advise that we are not offering such a survey and we do not contact homeowners directly in this way. As far as we are aware, the calls are being made by a regional window company in the Bradford area. We have asked them to stop making such calls and are in the process of following up on this request. Therefore if you do receive a call we would be grateful if you could advise us of the details either by email to Pilkington@respond.uk.com or by phone to 01744 69 2000. In the meantime, we can only apologise that this is happening. As you can imagine, we are very concerned that our company name is being misused in this way so we are actively trying to stop it.