Pilkington in North America
Pilkington North America manufactures and markets glass and glazing products for the architectural and automotive markets. Its sales are made up of 70 percent automotive products (57 percent Original Equipment and 43 percent Automotive Glass Replacement) and 30 percent architectural.
Float glass operations
Six float glass lines: Rossford, Ohio (2); Laurinburg, North Carolina (2); Ottawa, Illinois (1); Lathrop, California (1)
Automotive Original Equipment operations
The automotive fabrication operations in North America consist of the following plants:
- Collingwood, Ontario, Canada – production of laminated glass.
- Shelbyville, Indiana – production of toughened glass.
- Versailles, Kentucky – production of both laminated and toughened glass.
- Mexicali, Mexico - production of laminated glass.
- Niles, Michigan, Franklin, Indiana and Whitby, Ontario - value added application of automotive glass products, e.g., lace assembly, primer applications, soldering, encapsulation and hardware application.
- Rossford, Ohio - float glass for the Automotive market and OE Fabrication - production of specialty transport glass.
- Athens, Alabama; Austin, Texas; and Lexington, Kentucky - automotive US satellite operations.
The North American Development Center for the Automotive and Architectural businesses is located in Northwood, Ohio.
The Architectural Glass main office and the finance, legal, information systems, and human resources departments are located in Toledo, Ohio.
Automotive Aftermarket operations
The aftermarket operations in North America supply laminated and toughened glass for the automotive glass replacement market. Products are shipped from its distribution centers in Columbus, Ohio and Phoenix, Arizona to external retailers and wholesale customers. In addition, the business has some 100 company-owned wholesale service centers throughout the US.