Pilkington Plateau™ is high quality based float glass made to extremely tight tolerances, giving the glass a special flatness demanded by the acrylic casting industry as well as other uses. It is offered in a range of different finishes, clear, satin and textured, to provide a variety of cast acrylic sheet surface finishes.
The standard thicknesses for Pilkington Plateau™ are 8 mm, 10 mm and 12 mm in both annealed and toughened form. Other thicknesses are also available on request.
Pilkington Plateau™ is ideal for acrylic casting and industrial applications.
Pilkington Plateau™offers following benefits:
- high quality base float glass manufactured to strict flatness tolerances,
- glass thickness tolerance maintained at a high level along with the wedge of the glass to provide a high tolerance glass mould,
- high strength glass (toughened) ensuring safety during use and longevity of the mould,
- specially designed manufacturing system to ensure the best quality during production,
- precision processing to ensure that the required high quality finish is maintained with minimal surface defects,
- high level of quality control ensured - each sheet of glass inspected for surface defects and uniform plate shape,
- automatic shape-measuring machine used for pairing of similar glasses ensuring manufacture of high quality and tight tolerance acrylic sheets,
- pairing and plate data supplied to allow repair of damaged glass,
- can be made with a satin or silk etched surface to offer alternative surface finish; 6 mm patterned glass also available as alternatives,
- edge finish developed as a C profile to ensure longevity of the glass during manufacture and to reduce damage to glass edges.