NSG glanova™ specially designed thin glass composition to provide excellent chemical strengthening performance
Chemically strengthened glass is playing an increasingly important role in the smartphone, tablet and display industry and many glass solutions exist to support this.
NSG glanova™ is a novel glass composition developed to meet the needs of this market and provide a unique combination of properties to display manufacturers.
NSG glanova™ has been designed for manufacture using the float process, recognized as the most efficient method to make high volume, cost effective glass products with excellent quality.
- Specially designed glass composition to provide excellent chemical strengthening performance
- Significantly improved strength as compared to soda lime glass in four-point bending, ring-on-ring and ball drop tests
- Low iron content provides high light transmission and excellent colour rendering of displays and screen prints
- Production of curved surfaces can be carried out at low bending temperatures (see below)
- Chemically durable
- Efficient manufacturing process combined with the above features, gives a cost effective product with excellent performance
- Smartphones and tablets
- Touch panels
- Industrial equipment