Pilkington Pyroshield™ 2 has superseded the long established Pilkington Pyroshield™ Range.
Pilkington Pyroshield™ 2 is a monolithic wired glass. It offers reliable, integrity only, fire-resistant glazing in a range of applications, including doors, screens and overhead glazing. It can also be used in a variety of internal and external applications for vision or privacy purposes. Wired glass has a good track record in fire testing, offers exceptional value for money and is easy to handle, stock and glaze. That is why it is still one of the most popular fire-resistant glass types.
Pilkington Pyroshield™ 2 is available in clear and texture versions, for vision or privacy respectively:
- Pilkington Pyroshield™ 2 Safety Clear
(for fire safety, impact resistance and decoration)
- Pilkington Pyroshield™ 2 Texture
(for fire safety and decoration)
Pilkington Specifire is the easy way to select the correct Pilkington glass for your fire-resistant application. The Specifire incorporates original Pilkington Pyroshield™ test data. Please contact our helpline for advice on specifying Pilkington Pyroshield™ 2.
Click here to launch Pilkington Specifire (requires Macromedia Flash player).
- Available in a clear or textured version, for vision or privacy respectively
- Suitable for internal and external applications
- Readily available and easy to handle, stock and cut
- Pilkington Pyroshield™ 2 Safety Clear is suitable for use in fire and non-fire applications where an impact safety classification in a wired product is required
- Pilkington Pyroshield™ 2 Texture can be combined with other Pilkington products in an IGU to create other benefits e.g. thermal insulation
- Meets British and European fire test standards
- Approved for use with popular fire-resistant glazing gaskets and sealants
- Independently approved for use in a range of applications under the Certifire Scheme
- Offers 30 minutes integrity (E30) in appropriate timber and steel frames (for periods of 60 minutes integrity and greater, please contact us)