Pilkington Plateau™ is high quality based float glass made to extremely tight tolerances, giving the glass a special flatness demanded by the acrylic casting industry as well as other uses. It is offered in a range of different finishes, clear, satin and textured, to provide a variety of cast acrylic sheet surface finishes.
The standard thicknesses for Pilkington Plateau™ are 8 mm, 10 mm and 12 mm in both annealed and toughened form. Other thicknesses are also available on request.
Pilkington Plateau™ is ideal for acrylic casting and industrial applications.
- High quality base float glass manufactured to strict flatness tolerances
- Glass thickness tolerance maintained at a high level along with the wedge of the glass to provide a high tolerance glass mould
- High strength glass (toughened) ensuring safety during use and longevity of the mould
- Specially designed manufacturing system to ensure the best quality during production
- Precision processing to ensure that the required high quality finish is maintained with minimal surface defects
- High level of quality control ensured - each sheet of glass inspected for surface defects and uniform plate shape
- Automatic shape-measuring machine used for pairing of similar glasses ensuring manufacture of high quality and tight tolerance acrylic sheets
- Pairing and plate data supplied to allow repair of damaged glass
- Can be made with a satin or silk etched surface to offer alternative surface finish; 6 mm patterned glass also available as alternatives
- Edge finish developed as a C profile to ensure longevity of the glass during manufacture and to reduce damage to glass edges