What is Pilkington Activ Suncool™?
Pilkington Activ Suncool™ combines excellent solar control with a range of optical performances to improve the aesthetic appearance, energy efficiency and occupier comfort of a building, as well as self-cleaning properties. Pilkington Activ Suncool™ is a range of 8 performance options offering various levels of light transmission, solar radiation transmission and alternative colours for the ultimate in design freedom. This now includes the two NEW products recently announced, Pilkington Activ Suncool™ 66/33 and Pilkington Activ Suncool™ 50/25, making this the widest range available. Details of the performance figures for each option are available in the Technical Information sheets listed in the brochure downloads on this page or by clicking here.
Pilkington Activ Suncool™ is provided as an Insulating Glass Unit where the front pane of glass is coated with Pilkington Activ™ on the external surface and Pilkington Suncool™ on its inside surface. Pilkington Suncool™ high performance products such as this also incorporate ultra low-emissivity for excellent thermal control.
To view a table listing the appearance in reflection, level of reflection and appearance in transmission of the full Pilkington Suncool™ Range click here.
- Self-cleaning properties reduce the need for manual cleaning, saving water and eliminating potentially harmful run-off from expensive detergents, also increasing personal safety
- Additional medium performance solar control properties, reducing solar heat entering the building, enhancing comfort and reducing the need for cooling the building
- Attractive blue colour of the glass is perfect for roof glazing, enhancing the view from inside to outside
- Good light transmission
- Low exterior reflection, improving aesthetics of the building
- Works even on cloudy days and during the night
- Highly durable pyrolytic on-line coating that lasts the lifetime of the glass
- Can be laminated, toughened, bent and enamelled using standard techniques
- Can be used in its monolithic form or incorporated into Insulating Glass Units (self-cleaning coating on surface #1), for instance with Pilkington K Glass™, Pilkington Energy Advantage™ or Pilkington Optitherm™ to offer additional thermal insulation properties
- Available in a range of different sizes and thicknesses (4, 6 and 10 mm)
- Achieves Class A to EN1096 for coated glass
- Achieves ASTM C 1376 standard specification