Pilkington Microfloat™ is an ultra-thin float glass made to exacting standards, suitable for a variety of applications.
Pilkington Microfloat™ is a high-grade float glass made to precise standards. Its excellent plane and low tolerances of thickness make it ideal for a wide range of uses, primarily microscope slides but also cosmetic mirrors, chromatographic plates, photomasks, automotive and technical glass, dependent on its thickness.
- High-grade thin float glass offering excellent plane and low thickness tolerances.
- Silane coated for improved wetability, ensuring an even film.
- Excellent optical transmission.
- Free of fluorescent reflections.
- Resistant to chemicals.
- Extended shelf life.
- Available in several thicknesses:
0.95 - 1.05mm (microscope slides)
1.0 - 1.2mm (microscope slides, cosmetic mirrors)
1.2 - 1.4mm (chromatographic plates, cosmetic mirrors, technical glass)
1.5 - 1.7mm (photomasks, automotive, technical glass)
Other thicknesses may be available on request
- Glass is pre-cut to your specification.
How do I buy/specify this product?