Pilkington Toughened Glass
Pilkington Toughened Glass is up to five times stronger than ordinary glass of the same thickness. Because of its increased strength, Pilkington Toughened Glass allows architects and builders far greater scope in their use of glass in buildings. It meets world-wide safety standards for glass subjected to accidental human impact at the highest level of severity. Wherever the benefits of ordinary glass need to be combined with extra strength, safety or heat resistance, Pilkington Toughened Glass can offer a complete and proven solution.
Pilkington Toughened Glass Plus is the heat soaked form of Pilkington Pilkington Toughened Glass for those applications where a reduction in the of spontaneous fracture is advantageous, such as structural applications, barriers and roof glazing. In this case Pilkington Toughened Glass Plus should be specified along with the other product benefits required.
Pilkington Toughened Safety Glass is manufactured by subjecting final size, edgeworked panes of glass to a heating and cooling treatment whereby high compressive stresses are set up at the surfaces with balancing tensile stresses in the centre. The high compressive surface stresses give the Pilkington Toughened Glass its increased strength.
Offers a complete and proven solution for impact safety and strength;
- Based on over 60 years of worldwide manufacturing experience.
- Up to 5 times stronger than ordinary glass of the same thickness.
- Conforms to the requirements of BS 6206: 1981 Class A as well as European Standard BS EN 12600 and many worldwide safety standards.
- Because of its increased strength, Pilkington Toughened Glass allows architects and builders far greater scope in their use of glass in buildings.
- Pilkington Toughened Glass Plus is heat soaked for extra confidence in use.
- Ideal for use in countless applications, from windows to barriers, interior design, curtain walling etc.
- When broken, Pilkington Toughened Glass shatters into small, blunt-edged fragments which reduce the risk of personal injury.
- Pilkington Solar Control Glass should be used in toughened form or heat strengthened to ensure they do not suffer from thermal stress breakage by exposure to solar radiation.