Pilkington energiKare™ Triple
The choice for the best possible window energy rating performance and highest levels of energy efficiency in low/zero carbon new homes.
These high performance triple-glazed units optimise the balance between U-values and g-values to maximise energy-efficiency.
- An IGU comprising two panes of Pilkington K Glass™ and a third pane of Pilkington Optiwhite™ with Argon gas fill.
- Very low U-values combined with high solar gain give optimal energy efficiency.
- Suitable for low and zero carbon homes as well as more traditional new build properties.
- Capable of meeting the requirements of the Code for Sustainable Homes, now and in the future without the need for soft coat options.
- Exceeds Window Energy Rating (WER) Band A and Passiv Haus requirements.
How it Works
Pilkington energiKare™ reduces the amount of heat lost through windows and still allows heat in from the sun, an effect known as solar gain.
Pilkington energiKare™ achieves this because it contains two special types of glass:
- Pilkington K Glass™, the UK’s best selling low-emissivity glass which helps prevent heat escaping from homes.
- Pilkington Optiwhite™ is a special ‘extra-clear’ type of glass. It increases the degree of solar heat gain and makes homes warmer using free energy from the sun.
- Pilkington energiKare™ Triple is a triple-glazed unit, comprising two panes of Pilkington K Glass™, and an outer pane of Pilkington Optiwhite™ with argon gas fill in both cavities.
- Overall thickness of the unit can be optimised to fit a variety of modern framing and bead dimensions.
- This combination of thermal insulation and solar gain allows Pilkington energiKare™ to make a significant reduction to home energy usage, as the solar gain is greater than the heat lost.
- High performance triple-glazed units optimise the balance between U-values and g-values to maximise energy-efficiency.
- Suitable for low and zero carbon homes and for use in new builds. Also suitable for use in existing homes where framing systems allow.
- Capable of meeting the requirements of the Code for Sustainable Homes, without the need for soft coat options.
- Far exceeds BFRC WER A rating performance and Passiv Haus requirement levels.
- Designed to achieve increased solar gain and low carbon SAP scores, allowing larger glazed areas without compromising the energy efficiency of new homes.
- Use of Pilkington Optiwhite™ and Pilkington K Glass™ OW further improves solar gain and light transmission.
- Warm edge spacer bar options are available for even better energy-efficiency and reduced risk of edge condensation.
- Mid-pane is toughened as standard to reduce the risk of thermal breakage.